If you no longer live in the UK, you may still need to file a tax return, especially if you are letting property. Failure to do so may result in financial penalties.

Step 1
Call us or get in touch with us through our website. We discuss your needs and give you an accurate assessment right away. Itís absolutely free and youíre under no obligation.
Step 2
We then gather the information we need which you can send us by email, fax or post.
Step 3
We complete your tax return and send you a full copy together with a detailed breakdown of your tax computation for your approval. We then file your return electronically.
UK Property Tax Specialists
01902 711370
0800 907 8633
UK Landlord Tax Facebook Fan Page
Tax return forms are available free of charge from HMRC. We are independent accountants and not part of or affiliated to HMRC. We remove the stress and anxiety of preparing your tax return by completing and filing your tax return for you. We shall help you to pay the least amount of tax by advising you about the expenses which you are entitled to claim.
UKLandlord Tax.co.uk
Wolverhampton Science Park
Creative Industries Centre
West Midlands
WV10 9TG
01902 711370
0800 907 8633
UKLandlordTax.co.uk is the trading name of Thandi Nicholls Ltd Accountants Registered Office Creative Industries Centre Glaisher Drive Wolverhampton WV10 9TG Registered in England Company Number 7319439 Directors K W Nicholls FCA S S Thandi BA
Enter your question here and or tell us the best time to contact you:
Visit Thandi Nicholls Ltd - Accountant on FreeIndex
Generally, you are only assessed to tax on income received in the UK.

Income from a property in the UK is usually taxed in the UK wherever you reside.

However, depending on your nationality and country of residence you may be entitled to the UK personal tax allowance which was £11,000 for 2016/17 and is £11,500 for 2017/18. If you are a British national you are automatically entitled to the UK personal tax allowance, which means no tax would be payable in the UK on rental profits of less than £11,000 (provided that you have no other UK income).

If you are not a British national there are double taxation treaties with EU and some other countries which also entitle you to claim the UK personal tax allowance. Please get in touch and we will be happy to confirm whether you are entitled to the UK tax allowance.

Tenants or letting agents have a responsibility to deduct basic rate tax from any rent paid to non-resident landlords. If you wish to continue receiving UK rental income gross whilst you are non-resident, you should submit Form NRL1 to the HMRC Centre for Non-Residents.

HMRC should then grant approval for rents to be paid to you gross and notify the tenant or agent as appropriate. Your rental profits will still remain taxable in the UK but this will help with cash-flow.

Do you need to file a tax return ?

If any of the following apply then you may be required to complete a tax return :-

Non resident tax rules can be quite complex. If you are in any doubt then get in touch. We can help and are happy to answer questions. We offer a free initial consultation so that you can discuss your situation and find out whether you should complete a tax return or not.

Are You Leaving The UK Permanently ?

From 6th April 2013 there is The Statutory Residence Test.

Please see our article on this here..Are you leaving the UK permanently

If you are in receipt of UK rental income
If you are a director of a UK company
If you earn an income in the UK from self employment
If you do not live in the UK, but you do some or all of your work in the UK
If you receive profits from a UK partnership
If you make capital gains from the sale or disposal of assets in the UK
The Next Step..
Get In Touch
Call Us..Email Us..or Ask Us To Contact You..
© Thandi Nicholls Ltd 2017 All Rights Reserved - The above article is provided for guidance only and may not cover your personal circumstances so you should not rely on it. It is important that you seek  appropriate professional advice which takes into account your personal circumstances where you can provide the full facts of the case and all documents related to your case. Thandi Nicholls Ltd t/a uklandlordtax.co.uk,  K Nicholls FCA or S Thandi cannot be held responsible for the consequences of any action or the consequences of deciding not to act.