A Confirmation Statement (which replaces the Annual Return) is submitted to Companies House annually and needs to be submitted within 28 days of the anniversary of when the company was incorporated, so if the company was incorporated on 18th December 2020 the date that the next confirmation statement will be made up to is the 18th December 2021 and will be due by 15th January 2022.
What a confirmation statement includes:
- details of the directors and company secretary, if it has one
- what your company does – including its standard industrial classification (SIC) codes
- the type of company it is, eg private or public
- the registered company address
- the ‘single alternative inspection location’ (SAIL) – the address where records are kept if not at the registered address
- shareholders and shareholdings
- details of controlling parties
There is a charge of £13 (online) or £40 (paper copy) to submit this form to Companies House. There is no late fine fee but if you consistently file late you can be fined up to £5,000. If you don’t deliver the company’s confirmation statement, the registrar might assume the company isn’t carrying on business or in operation any longer and take steps to strike it from the register.
© Thandi Nicholls Ltd 2020 All Rights Reserved – The above articles are provided for guidance only and may not cover your personal circumstances so you should not rely on them. It is important that you seek appropriate professional advice which takes into account your personal circumstances where you can provide the full facts of the case and all documents related to your case. Thandi Nicholls Ltd t/a uklandlordtax.co.uk, K Nicholls FCA or S Thandi cannot be held responsible for the consequences of any action or the consequences of deciding not to act.
Do you have a question for our experts?
If there’s a property tax issue that has you puzzled or worried, get in touch. Everyone on our team loves to talk, especially when it helps people like you find peace of mind.